Welcome, if you found this page, you were paying attention in class, nice work, I'm even more proud to know you. Okay, so here goes: The important things to keep in mind this semester is the fact that every day builds upon the next, so if you miss a day, it's important to do at least one of these two things:
1. check this page OR
2. check with a classmate that you know pays attention...don't ask someone who always leaves out details.
If you can do that and if you take advantage of the fact that I'm here before school, during lunch, and after school, I am sure that you'll be successful in this class.
Here are the goals for this class this semester and if ever you mention which goal a particular assignment is addressing by including an additional sentence on that assignment saying something to the essence of "Hey Mr. Bartsch, I noticed this assignment aligns with the goal of learning homeostasis." Well then, I would just have to reward that level of insight with additional points now wouldn't I? Okay, here are the goals.
1. Students will develop and demonstrate an understanding about the processes and feedback loops involved with homeostasis.
2. Students will be able to critically evaluate current scientific practices and research.
3. Students will be able to identify major components of each body system.
4. Students will be able to evaluate the health of each individual body system and understand the medical implications of when a particular system isn't functioning properly.
5. Students will demonstrate an understanding of how each and every system communicates with other systems and how such communication leads to the maintenance of health.
6. Students will understand and evaluate the effects of stress, both mental and physical, upon health and homeostasis.
7. Students will display insight regarding human physical limits
No comments:
Post a Comment